Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine Tree

Here is a fun little project I have been working on this week.  I decided to bring the outside in, and planted jammed some twigs in a pot.  I will be able to decorate them with festive holiday decorations and bring some much needed color into the room.

Colorful hearts just in time for Valentine's Day.

The little hearts are very easy to make, and are a great way to use up scraps of yarn.  They only take a couple minutes each.

I've caught both cats eyeing them, or in this case playing with them.  Every time I walk by my 'tree' I expect to see hearts gone astray, but so far, so good.  Let's hope they continue to behave themselves!

Do you have a 'tree' that you decorate for the holidays/seasons?

K

1 comment:

conil said...

I've no tree, but after seeing yours, I'm so envious that I may have to exert myself to make one. Love the crocheted hearts.