Saturday, February 23, 2013

More Color

Once I finished my ripple afghan and hearts for my tree, I started right in on my next crochet project.

I decided I needed a pillow (or two) to go with it.  I have always wanted to make a granny square afghan, but since I made a ripple afghan, I decided to make a granny square pillow instead.

So I have been crocheting mini granny squares.

They are a little over an inch big.  (Or should I say small?)

Two hundred of them so far.

They only take a minute or two to make (talk about instant gratification), so it hasn't taken all that long to knock them out.


I laid them out in a planned random pattern.  By planned random, I mean that each row and each column only contain one of any particular color.  Even the edges when placed together won't repeat any colors.  I plan on putting a border around the edges, so the border randomness wasn't necessary unless you are compulsive like me and have to have it that way!


I have started binding them together...something I know nothing about, and am just winging it as I go along.  The work is not bothersome to me because it goes fast, and once again I am instantly gratified as soon as another square gets attached.

Yes!

All that being said, my tree is begging to be decorated with Easter eggs, so this pillow may have to take a back seat until I get some eggs done.  I'll be sure to post a picture when it is finished.

K




No comments: