Saturday, October 6, 2012

Craft Show

For the last seven years, I have sold marble tile coasters at craft shows. They have been fun to make and sell, but I wanted a change.  So I started making doll furniture to sell.  I get to use power tools and sew.  What could be better than that?

My biggest craft show of the year was today, and this year I am so relieved it is over.  This particular show is always on the first Saturday in October,  and it is outside in a big park.  Up until today, the weather has always been unbelievably warm on that day.  Perfect fall weather every year, and some years it has been down right hot.

But today was different.

Oh, yes.  It was much different.

It was wet.

It was freezing.

And it drizzled and spit snow all.  day.  long.

I'm not sure which was worse; following the forecasts all week knowing the weather was going to be miserable, or actually being miserable.  It would have been much worse had my hubby not run out last night at the eleventh hour and bought a portable propane heater for me to use.  He can be so sweet sometimes.

Thank goodness the die hard customers showed up and the day wasn't a total loss.  They were the real troopers.

So do you want to see what I sell instead of hearing my sob story about how cold and miserable my day was?

Here you go...

Bunk beds for American Girl type dolls
Bunk beds.

Farmhouse beds for American Girl type dolls
Farmhouse beds starring McKenna.


Doll Picnic Tables
Picnic tables starring the Raggedy Ann Doll my aunt made for me when I was a youngster.

Doll High Chair
High chairs starring my Cabbage Patch Doll circa 1984.  (Don't tell anyone in was in college when I bought four (yes, four) Cabbage Patch Dolls.  I had to have one of each - a normal baby girl, a preemie boy, and twins.  Yes, my completion tendencies go way back!)

American Girl Doll Bunk Bed
Isn't this fabric the cutest?  It is my new favorite, and looks awesome with the green bed.

I only have one more show this year, and have to finish up the orders I have been getting.  Then I won't feel so guilty when I end up spending too much time on the computer or sewing the purse that has been half done for months.  I won't know what to do with myself!

Have you ever been a vendor at craft shows?  What do you sell?

K






3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Karen, I had no idea you ventured into wood-working! What adorable pieces, and decked out in bed linens little girls (and big girls!) will LOVE!!!

I've never sold stuff at a craft fair. Closest I've come is single-item commissions on bookbinding projects. Those simply take too long to make money on!

Rosie said...

omg these are sooo adorbale

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

christina said...

oh my goodness those are the cutest little beds! my girls would love to play dollies with them:)