Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stamping is Fun!

Well, it certainly has been a while since I've stamped.  As a matter of fact, it had been so long, I forgot how fun was.  Most of my creative time has been taken up by my new hobby - woodworking.  I have been making doll furniture...high chairs, picnic tables, beds and bedding, and I just haven't had the creative energy to stamp.

But I've had the itch.

So I scratched it today and made a couple cards.  While my mojo was a little stagnant, and it took a lot longer than it should have to make them, I am mostly pleased with my cards.

Not sure about the color combo on this one, but it is what it is.  At least I tried!  All three buttons are clear embossed, but it's hard to tell by the picture.

I love the variety of the faux buttons on this one.  A couple of them are clear embossed to give them more of a real button look.  And the best part about faux buttons is no hassle when mailing!  I shaded the stems, leaves and sentiment with a darker color of green.  Love how that turned out, too.

See, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.  :)

Supplies used:
Stamps - PTI Everyday Button Bits, SU Button, Button
Paper - PTI  (not sure of the colors)
Ink - Versamark, Memento pear tart, London fog, bamboo leaves marker, Versamagic pink grapefruit, mango madness, turquoise gem
Accessories - Clear EP, circle punches, SU Embosslits Sweet Buttons, dimensionals


What have you been doing with your creative energy?

K




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great cards Karen. I'm especially fond of the button balloons in the first one. So cute!