Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Cards!

I loved all the fab modern-style cards I saw when PTI first released their Modern Basics stamp set.  So I bought it.  And it has been sitting, uninked, in my New Stamp Basket ever since.  I could never come up with something other than a CASE, and wanted to design something on my own.  When the stamping bug bit me a couple days ago, I gave it a little more thought.  But not much thought as you can see by the card I made with it...

Yea.  Pretty simple.  And pretty plain.  But the colors are pretty, aren't they?  This stamp was a lot easier to line up without a SAMJ than I thought it would be.  It is very forgiving.

Supplies used:
Stamps - PTI Modern Basics, SU Birthday Greetings (retired)
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - tempting turquoise, Memento pear tart
Accessories - SAMJ (I didn't trust myself to get the sentiment straight and centered!)

Since I was digging around in my New Stamp Basket, I pulled out some other stamps that I bought many moons ago.  I got them at the $1 section at Joann's.  These cards got me excited about stamping again.  They are CAS at its finest.

I love this turtle.  It totally reminds me of turtles I've seen while scuba diving.  There is definitely something magical about swimming around with these magnificent creatures.  The sentiment is perfect for a turtle because if you ever see one when you are in the water, it will look at you as if to say "How are things?", but before you get a chance to answer, it has already swum away.

Yes, this one is a little cliche, but I couldn't resist.  The inside says "I was a crab".  I may have to make another one and give them to my kids when they go back to school.  Something about the incessant bickering, whining, and attempts at manipulation tells me I will be crabby until then.  (Bad Mom!)

I punched an oval out of a sticky note and used it as a mask for the sand that was made with the Speckled jumbo wheel.  Isn't the sentiment cute tucked in between his (her) claw?

This one is my favorite even though it is stamped a little too high on the card.  The hand drawn bubbles were an afterthought, but they are so small I don't think it makes it too off balance.

Did you notice all my sea creature sentiments were in gray instead of black?  I really like the look of gray for a sentiment, especially when the image is stamped with lighter colors.  It gets the point across, but doesn't yell it at you like black would.   In the crab's case, though, I could have used black!

Supplies used:
Stamps - Inkadinkado Summer assortment minis
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Rididng Hood Red, Kraft, Memento pear tart, tangelo, and london fog
Accessories - Speckled jumbo wheel, lg oval punch, sticky note for mask, London fog marker

I have lots of stamping ideas swimming around (no pun intended) in my head.  Lets just hope I can get them onto paper!

K

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

Wow, you're coming back with a bang! What great cards! I especially love the sea creatures ones...so perfectly CAS!