Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sympathy Card and Fun Ribbon

It seems like it has been forever since I posted.  We took our new (to us) camper we got for Christmas to New Mexico for spring break last week.  We went to Tent Rocks, Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands, Three Rivers Petroglyph site, and Bandelier National Monument.  We had a wonderful time despite my food allergic son reacting to something he ate and needing his epi pen for the first time.  Talk about scary!  I think I had enough adrenaline running through me for both of us.  He is fine, though, and more aware of what a serious reaction feels like now.

Unfortunately when we got home, I found out I needed to make some sympathy cards.  I went straight for my Versamagic chalk inks because I love the soft look that results from using them.  They are my go to inks for sympathy cards.

The down side of using the chalk inks is there are no matching pens for them.  (At least not that I know of.)  Masking off the image twice for both colors was very laborious, but I love how this turned out.  I made a second card just like it, but used markers for coloring on the rubber before stamping.  It is pretty, but not as soft and comforting as this one.

I put a tiny drop of liquid pearls (I use Scribbles iridescent fabric paint) on the flower centers.  Normally, I would have used Stickles, but personally, I think sparkly bling is too much for a sympathy card.

Supplies:
Stamps - Thoughts and Prayers
Paper - Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, GKD PL white
Ink - Versamagic chalk ink in Spanish Olive and Pink Petunia
Accessories - Scribbles fabric paint, SAMJ, Scotch tape for masking the rubber


Now, look what I found on sale at Hobby Lobby the other day.

Sparkly velvet ribbon.  Isn't it fun?  It is soooo soft!

I couldn't decide which color(s) to get, and since it was on sale for only $1, I had to buy every color they had in both widths.  It's a good thing it doesn't come in other widths - I'd need a whole drawer just to store them all.

There are a couple ideas for how to use them floating around in my head, and I am hoping I get a chance to play with them soon.  It seems like everything has kicked into high gear now that spring is here, and I am feeling myself not having as much play time as I would like.  That, and I have been sewing and doing some other crafty things lately.  My creativity is blooming along with all the spring bulbs!

Happy spring to you!

K

No comments: