Saturday, January 22, 2011

Polka Dot Background

Here are two cards I got stuck on and had to leave alone for a couple days.  I stamped the polka dot backgrounds, and that's as far as I got.

Until today.

Funny how you can create when you think you are on a creative high.

Mind over matter.

At first, I tried this on a white card base and it was so not right.  The yellow was exactly what it needed.  No wonder I couldn't do anything with it before.  Once I figured the yellow out, it all came together very quickly.  I used my blender pen and reinkers to color the image - something I haven't used in years.  It seemed so much easier now, and I will definitely try it again.  I pierced the scallops on the rectangle to echo the scallops on the border.

Just as I was sitting here typing this, I looked at this card and wondered why I didn't Stickle the orange flower.  So I just Stickled it and it looks amazingly better.  Sorry, but I'm not going to retake the picture.

Supplies:
Stamps - Love Ya Bunches (long ago retired), Polka Dot background
Paper - Daffodil, Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, GKD PL white
Ink - Wasabi, Memento tuxedo black
Accessories - Blender pen, reinkers, Nestabilities, Big Shot, large needle for piercing, ribbon, Diamond lace border punch

The ribbon on this card was wrapped around a blanket or pillows I bought some time ago.  Since I save everything I think I might be able to use in a crafty way, I need to start using some of it or it is going to take over my craft cave.  The dark pink heart layer was cut out using deco scissors, and I only had to do it once!  Woohoo!

Supplies:
Stamps - Whimsical Words, Polka Dot background
Paper - Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, GKD PL white (for card base)
Ink - Wasabi, Rose Red
Accessories - heart punch, mini scallop deco scissors, dauber, rhinestone, dimensionals, repurposed ribbon

Now let's see what other projects I can finish.  I know of at least three in the wings...

Hope you have a super weekend!

K

1 comment:

Carol said...

Cute cards! Love how you mimicked the pierced scallops of the punched border on the rectangle...must remember to do that...looks really nice. And, that scalloped heart is cut with deco scizzors? Really?? Wow, I could never do half as good a job in a millions years! Great job!

P.S. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! I really appreciate it!