Saturday, January 22, 2011

One Down, Two to Go

This morning, I was determined to do something with this unfinished card.  It started out as a different color combination, and once I colored my image, I knew it needed a change.  I decided to play off of the pink ice cream, so pink it was.  Then that meant I had the perfect ribbon to go with it.

And I was a happy camper!

This time I remembered to embellish my card before I took the picture, and used a Sakura glaze pen on the hot fudge.  It looks so yummy!

Supplies:
Stamps - Our Craft Lounge  Life is Sweet
Paper - Rose red, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil, GKD PL white
Ink - Pumpkin Pie, Memento tuxedo black, Rose red for sponging
Accessories - Copic markers, Sakura glaze pen, dimensionals, Nestabilities, Big Shot, dauber, ribbon, linen thread


Here is a tip for cutting out images:
After you cut out your image, run a black marker along the edges to eliminate any slivers of white from showing through.  See pics below.
Also, if there is a thin area on your image, put a piece or two of scotch tape on the back to lend a little support and keep the cardstock from tearing at the narrow point.

This is my image before the black marker.

This is after.  See how it takes all the white edges away?  Having a solid black edge helps it to "pop" off the background.  On this cut out, I put tape behind the spoon and a little bit into the image for a little more support.


I have been using a lot more color and layers lately, even though the cards are still pretty simple.  Maybe that is what is helping me out of my slump!

Whatever works, right?

K

2 comments:

Lori VK said...

Cute Card. Thanks for the tip. It does make a difference.

Bonnie said...

Love the ice cream but it's making me hungry for some! The yellow and pink are so happy together and I love the swirls! Great tip on going around the edges. I would never have thought of that.