Monday, January 10, 2011

CAS101 A Day in the Snow

Today's CAS challenge is to use snow on your card.  We just got about 6" of the powdery white stuff, much to my kids' approval.  They can't wait to try out their new snow shoes that Santa brought them.  Needless to say, I was in the mood to stamp some snow today.

I pulled out my Changito set that I used for my Christmas cards a couple years ago.  I think he is the cutest little monkey, and there is a sentiment in the set that will ring true for many people across the country right about now.

I stamped the image first, leaving room to emboss the snow.  Then I cut some curves for the snow, and continued to cut around the image.  I added a little flock to his clothes and randomly dabbed Stickles for the falling snow.  This turned out way cuter than I had imagined.  Don't you love when that happens?

Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous Changito Snow Play
Paper - bashful blue, GKD PL white
Ink - Memento tuxedo black
Accessories - CB Divine swirls EF, Big Shot, Copic markers, Sakura quickie glue pen, white flock, star dust Stickles 

Hope you aren't too buried in the snow!

K

No comments: