Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rainbow Fish

I picked up a cute little fish set from the $1 bin at Joann's this past week.  Sometimes I get lucky and find a great set.  I had also been wanting the boundary waters border punch, and this set was the perfect excuse to get it.  (Not that I need another punch.  Just wait 'til you see the picture of the punch wall in my craft cave.)

As I'm still trying to get my cave organized, I was also making color swatches of all the Twinkling H2Os I have, and decided to use them for my card.

Isn't this fish the cutest?  He looks just like Rainbow Fish minus his large glittery scales.  This one glitters, but in a more subtle way.

I cut the circle out with a Nestabilities die, then used the border punch on the top.  I made the fish by dropping various colors of Twinkling H2Os on wet watercolor paper so they would run together and feather a little.  After the paper was completely dry, I stamped the fish and cut him out.

The fish's bubbles were made by gently touching my aquapainter to the dried paper and letting the water drops dry naturally.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Studio 112, All Night Media (seaweed)
Paper - GKD PL white, Canson 140 lb cold press watercolor paper
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Twinkling H2Os, paintbrush, aquapainter, circle Nestabilities, Big Shot, boundary waters border punch, SAMJ, dimensionals

Hope you're having a great day!

K

No comments: