Monday, November 22, 2010

CAS94 - Sponging

The CAS challenge for this week is to use sponging.  I love sponging, and if you take a look in the CAS94 gallery, you will find many, many ways to use it.  That is what I love about sponging - you can achieve a variety of different looks with it.

I decided to sponge my background on this card.

I had never sponged with my newer Versamagic chalk inks, so I tried them on here.  It took a little getting used to because the ink is a lot thicker than dye ink and tends to blotch up on the paper if you aren't careful.  Ink can be applied by dabbing or rubbing when you sponge, and I found myself rubbing the chalk inks a lot more than when I use dye ink. 

I really like the texture the watercolor paper gives to this image.  It adds just enough interest without being overly obvious.  I tried spritzing the background with water to get a watercolored look, but didn't notice any change with the chalk ink.  *Note to self to use dye ink if I want that effect.*

This card looks much prettier IRL.  The colors are very rich, and I could not get a good photo no matter what I tried, so just imagine it being a lot more vibrant!

Supplies used:
Stamps - Pocket Silhouettes
Paper - Fabriano 120 lb cold press watercolor paper, espresso, cajun craze
Ink - various Versamagic chalk inks, espresso
Accessories - Nestabilities ovals, Big Shot, sponges, satin ribbon, home made bow easy, dimensionals


On a side note, we are at my parents for the holiday week.  We girls whupped the boys in euchre last night 4 games to 0.  I thought it very interesting that my husband wanted to play a different game after they had lost twice.  Heehee!  Paybacks!

K

No comments: