Monday, October 11, 2010

CAS88 - Inspired by 'Crinkle'

Our challenge this week was to be inspired by the word crinkle.  Since we have had a lot of birthdays around here lately, tissue paper was the first crinkly thing that popped into my mind.  I tried my hand at tissue paper flowers some time ago, and was disappointed with the results, so I thought I would give it another go.  This time it worked out much better.


I used white tissue paper flowers that I already had cut out from my first attempt.  Otherwise I would have used pink tissue paper.  I sponged pretty in pink and regal rose on the tissue paper before assembling the flowers.  The large flower has 3 different sizes of flowers, and the smaller flowers have 2 different sizes of flowers.  I layered 3 of each size of tissue then poked a hole and added a rhinestone brad.  I didn't center the brad on purpose - you never really see a flower (or 3 flowers together) head on.  I think it adds a little interest.

After the flowers were assembled, I crinkled them up, then sponged rose red around the petals to highlight the edges.  The ribbon leaves were heated gently with my heat tool.  It's always better to go slow when using a heat tool...I have melted holes in my ribbon before.  Yikes!

The weight of the flowers needed a large sentiment to balance them out.  And there you have my 'crinkle' sample card.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Paper - GKD PL white, white tissue paper
Ink - Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red
Accessories - Nestabilities flower dies, Big Shot, daubers, rhinestone brads, organdy ribbon, heat tool, glue dots

I made this before my new room was delivered, but I made a record 6 cards today!  I haven't taken photos yet, so I'll be posting them soon.

See ya 'round!

K

1 comment:

Jess said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I might try doing something similar with the tissue paper flowers I make. Thanks for the idea! :)