Friday, September 24, 2010

The Best Caramel Apple Dip in the World

My parents arrived in town this week, so I've had limited stamping time.  I did make a card today, but you will have to wait a few days to see it.  :)  And I might get some stamping time in this weekend between our euchre bouts.  My husband thinks he knows how to play, but he doesn't even know how many trump cards there are.  (!)  The sad part is, he and my dad usually beat my mom and me.  The only reason they win is because my dad knows how to play so well.  And luck may have a little to do with it; my husband is lucky at cards.

Wasn't this post supposed to be something about caramel dip?  Oh, yes.

A friend of mine had some of this dip at work the other day, and as soon as I tasted it, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  It was so much better than the sickeningly sweet dip you can buy at the store, and it is super easy to make.


Yum!

Here's the recipe...

8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together until creamy and sugar is dissolved.

Try it tonight.  You'll be glad you did!

Toodles!

K



1 comment:

C said...

Sounds yummy! Oh my, the memories you've conjured up for me. We played Euchre with my DH's parents for hours before his Dad passed and his mom broke her hip. Thanks for the memory.