Friday, August 20, 2010

OLW Stamp a Scene

I am just now getting caught up on some of this week's challenges.  The first week of school has turned out to be just as busy as our summer was.  What happened to all the free time I was supposed to gain?  Ha!  Maybe next week!

There's always hope, right?

Here is a card I made for Susan's OLW challenge to stamp a scene.  I chose to use a scene stamp instead of creating my own.  I had a quick card in mind, and didn't want to spend the hours it would normally take me to figure out a scene.


I chose to use muted colors for a serene feel.  The flowers started out with flower soft on them (my attempt to use yet another neglected supply), but they were way too heavy.  So I scraped it off and used some fun flock I got on clearance for $1 instead.  (And yes, I bought every color they had on clearance.  But don't tell anyone!)

Supplies used:
Stamps - summer by the sea
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - going gray
Accessories - tacky glue, fun flock, ribbon

This was a great challenge.  Sometimes it's not easy to do a scene on a one layer card.

Have a great weekend!

K

10 comments:

Donelda said...

hehehe, I tend to 'buy in bulk' that way too!! My husband just doesn't understand ... but I know you do. I love the softness of this card! The flock looks perfect on the flowers!!

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect entry for the Challenge. LOVE it! The sentiment is just right, the ink color is just right, and the image is one of my Stampin' Up favorites.

Susie said...

Beautiful card. One of my all-time favorite images.

Kara said...

so pretty..love the flocked flowers!

jimlynn said...

Lovely card!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Love the subtle hint of colour on the flowers.

Carol said...

This is beautiful! So soft and feminine. Love how the flock adds just the right touch!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super,super adorable!

Heather said...

Oh, how elegant. I'd have been tempted to colour it in but it looks so much better without! It's perfect.

Susan said...

I love the touch of purple (and yes I tend to do the same thing...just did it the other day with Tattered Angel glimmer paint!!!...shhhh!!) I have that stamp too, maybe I should dust it off and give it a little ink time!