Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CAS fall DT Search

The new design team search is in full swing over at SCS, and I am happy to say that I was chosen to move on to the second round!  Woohoo!  Yea, me!

For the first round, we were to make a card using at least one punch and to the theme of 'teacher's pet' since schools are just getting started.  Here is the card I made...


The first punch that came to mind was my spiral punch to make notebook paper.  I decided to write a paper about the best teacher, written by no one else but the teacher's pet.  I had to use some very creative omitting to get "written by" and "The teacher's pet" stamped.  They are all little snippets from PTI's teacher's apple and sentiments sets.  Not using my SAMJ allowed for a typed feel to the text.

Of course I had to add an apple for the teacher, and used a second punch for the leaf.

Supplies used:
Stamps - bold alphabet #s, PTI teacher's apple and sentiments, CHF lined paper
Paper - GKD PL white, kraft (I know it's supposed to be crumb cake, but it will always be kraft to me!), old olive
Ink - baja breeze, real red, Memento black
Accessories - choc chip, kraft, cherry cobbler, and old olive markers, spiral and XL two-step bird punches, dimensional, Sakura white jelly roll pen.

Now, on to the second round...

This round, we were challenged to make a fashion statement by using designer paper on our card.  It did not have to be in the school theme.

I have a ton of DSP, but using it on a CAS card is difficult for me.  Clean and simple to me is not busy paper.  A little of it goes a long way on a CAS card.  I decided to use paper piecing for my DSP.  That way, it wouldn't be too overpowering, and I love how it turned out.


I used my $1 clearanced fun flock again on the p***ywillows, added a little gloss to the topiary leaves with a Sakura glaze pen, and created a little dimension by popping up just the center pot.

Supplies used:
Stamps - blooming with love, stampendous sentiment
Paper - GKD PL white, delicate dots DSP
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Copics, celery taffeta ribbon, fun flock, glaze pen, dimensional

I love when a card turns out better than I had imagined, and this card did that for me.  *patting self on back*

I just hope the judges like it as much as I do!

Have a happy Wednesday!

K

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

BOTH of these are simply the BEST!!!!! Love them! Good luck but I think you're already a winner.
Lynn

Jess said...

LOVE the second one! I'm a sucker for flowers, or anything from the garden really. Great one!