Friday, July 23, 2010

A Simple Wedding Card

We got a surprise wedding announcement from my cousin in the mail this past week.  They had a beautiful, simple ceremony on the beach in Florida.  It was a great excuse to make a wedding card I have been wanting to make for a long time.

My idea for the hearts was cased from this card by Glenda Calkins on SCS.  I saved the card to my favorites because I knew I wanted to make my own version.  Mine is much more CAS, but I think it delivers the message well.  I would list all the things I changed, but I think you can figure that out!  They really are two totally different cards.  I have to give Glenda all the credit, though, because without her heart idea, this card would have never happened.

Are you ready?


I just LOVE how this turned out!  You could even make a red heart version for Valentine's day to give to your honey.  (I just thought of that as I was typing!)


Here is a closeup of the texture. Isn't it gorgeous?!

Have fun with this idea.  There are so many possibilities!

Supplies used:
Stamps - fun phrases (rescued again, from my sale bin)
Paper - GKD PL white, basic black
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - CB textile and SU square lattice embossing folders, CB machine, ribbon, rhinestone brad, half pearls, dimensionals

Make it a great day!

K

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL!
Lynn

Rebecca said...

Love the simplicity
but elegance of this card!