Monday, June 28, 2010

Post Without a Title

I couldn't think of a clever title for this post, so it will be title-less, if that is even a word.  I'm too tired to figure it out right now, so it is what it is.  heehee!

I have wanted to stamp almost every day for the last week, but nothing spoke to me.  I decided I was going to stamp something tonight even if it wasn't post worthy.  Just to get myself back in the groove.  Summer is always a difficult time for me to keep up with stamping every day.  We are so busy with activities during the day that I usually want to just sit and do nothing after the kids are tucked in for the night.  All the bickering and whining takes its toll on my poor feeble brain.

My card turned out to be worthy of a blog post (I think), and here it is...


The squares were punched from some of the Twinkling H20s papers I had previously made, and I just happened to have dragonfly brads in similar colors.  This card was not planned in any way.  It just came together.  Don't you just love it when that happens?!

Supplies used:
Stamps - teeny tiny wishes
Paper - GKD PL white, watercolor paper
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Twinkling H2Os, paint brush, 1 1/4" square punch, corner rounder, 1/16" hole punch, dragonfly brads, dimensionals, SAMJ

Do you ever have to force yourself to be creative?  Or is your mojo always in high gear?  Sometimes I think I have so many options between all my stamps, color choices, embellishments, and all the 'stuff', that I become overwhelmed and can't be creative.  I tend to make a lot of 'challenge' cards, but even then sometimes I hit a wall.  Then this card happened.  I still don't know where it came from, but I'm glad I forced myself to stamp tonight; I think it turned out pretty good.

K

2 comments:

Lori VK said...

Very cute! I'm glad you pushed yourself. That's why I look at blogs. (Then I think: I should have been in the hobby room :)

Susan Raihala said...

LOVE your card! The colors are so happy, and the design crisp and clean.

I rarely force creativity. Usually, if my mojo is on holiday, I clean and reorganzize and thumb through the notebooks I keep of stamping and crafting ideas. I also check out blogs and stamping magazines. Those three activities always jump-start me.