Thursday, May 27, 2010

Quest For Simplification

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about reorganizing my craft room and simplifying the card making process.  I say thinking, because there has been very little action.  That is only because I am a perfectionist, and it has to be perfect when I finally do it.  And I can't decide what I want.  It's kind of like shopping for toothpaste.  Why can't you buy regular toothpaste anymore?  It worked just fine for me during my childhood.  Plain ol' Crest or Colgate in a tube.  Why did they have to stop making it and come up with all this other anti-plaque, cavity fighting, whitening, breath freshening, blah, blah, blah?  Isn't that what toothpaste is supposed to do?  Sorry for my digression.  But I feel better now.

A few weeks ago while 'thinking' about my room and supplies, I had a "Duh!" moment.  I decided to cut a whole bunch of card bases so they would always be ready when I wanted to make a card.  Now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this simplifies the process.  I am just wondering why it took me so long to think of doing it.  Especially since the paper I use for my card bases is the only thing I use that particular paper for.  It's just common sense.  Something I pride myself for having a good amount of.  It's embarassing to think it took me so long to figure it out.

So now I have a neat little stack of card bases sitting on my work table, and it is so nice to have them at the ready.

I just have to figure out where I am going to store them!

~K

1 comment:

Doris said...

If you go to my blog and click on the Organization category on the sidebar, you will find pictures of my stamp room. The second picture down shows my stamping table at its best (only for photos, of course!) To the right of the lamp is a lucite cube where I keep envies in front and pre-cut cardstock standing behind them. Hope this gives you some ideas!