Monday, May 17, 2010

Black and White with a Splash of Color

Here are some cards I made tonight that are primarily black and white. I added just a touch of color, and next to the B&W, it really makes the color pop. I love how black can have that effect.


I got this stamp in a huge lot of stamps I bought on ebay just for one other stamp in the box.  There were a lot of great stamps in there, and I think this one is a classic.  I'm not sure this needs a sentiment, but if I add one, it will be on the right side under the ribbon.  After I uploaded this picture, I decided the cherries needed something, so I embossed them using a Versamark pen and clear EP.  It looks a lot better.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Cherries, checks, & posies
Paper - GKD PL white, basic black
Ink - real red, wild wasabi
Accessories - 1 1/2" circle punch, scallop circle punch, gingham ribbon, dimensionals



I can't get my printer to print on the 120# cardstock I always use for my base, so I had to hand write the sentiment.  No matter how much I practice, when it comes to writing on the card, I always mess up!  Guess that's why they call it hand made!

I made my own shadow stamp by punching out a piece of excess rubber with the oval punch.  I almost had to make another one tonight because I couldn't find this one that I had made long ago.  Now it has it's own home!

Supplies used:
Stamps - Michael's $ stamp, hand made shadow stamp
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Memento black, wild wasabi
Accessories - Zig writer, SAMJ, post-it note for masking his skinny legs - that was fun!



I found this set recently at Michael's in the $ bin, and since my daughter loves penguins, I figured I had to get it.  Someday if I'm feeling particularly creative, I'll draw an iceberg for him to stand on.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Studio G (Michael's $ bin)
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Copics, SAMJ

Thanks for stopping by, and make it a great day!

K


1 comment:

Ali Manning said...

Your clean and simple cards are just stunning - can't wait to follow your blog!