Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Own Layout

It isn't very often that I come up with my own layout.  I usually take bits and pieces from other cards I've seen, or use a sketch from a sketch challenge, but this card just came to me one day.  It was floating around in the big void of my head for a long time before it actually made it to paper.  The CAS61 challenge at SCS to stamp only the sentiment was the perfect opportunity for me to use it.

This card is also to honor SU!'s announcement of their color renovation this week.  These are all colors that will be in the revised Brights color family.  I am very excited about their color revisions - so many of the current colors are old and tired and need to go away.  And I am very glad they chose some of my favorite In Colors to be core colors.  My stockpile of cardstock won't go to waste after all!

Here is my card...

Don't you think these colors look great together?  I think the Brights family is going to be my favorite.  What a refreshing change from the garish bold colors of the past (well, almost past).  The new Brights family includes real red, tangerine tango (returning In color), pumpkin pie, daffodil delight (brand new color), old olive, pacific point (returning In color), tempting turquoise, rich razzleberry (current In color), melon mambo (current In color), and regal rose.

Supplies used:
Stamps - PTI out on a limb sentiments
Paper - GKD white, melon mambo, old olive, patterns pack II
Ink - old olive, regal rose
Accessories - Nestabilities, Wizard, trio flower and spring flower bouquet punches, old olive satin ribbon, dimensionals, liquid pearls, dauber

Thanks for stopping by today.

Toodles, K

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Ooooooh, Karen! This is lovely!

jimlynn said...

CUTE layout - and a cute card!