Friday, April 16, 2010

Feeling Punchy Today

I got my XL Two-Step Bird punch that was backordered from SU! today, so I had to make a quick card with it.  I also stopped by Michael's today and got a few punches and some more ribbon since they were on sale.  One can never have too many punches or enough ribbon!



I love how this ribbon coordinates perfectly with tempting turquoise and Pacific point. My whole idea for this card was planned around the ribbon and my new border punch.

After I cut the circle out of GKD PL white cardstock, I sponged the whole thing with So Saffron.  Then I masked the sun with a 1 1/4" circle punched out of a sticky note and sponged more saffron, then pumpkin pie around the edges, being careful not to go all the way to the sun.  Then I removed the sun mask and softened the sun edges by sponging a little more saffron around it.

The branches were punched twice from old olive and garden green and layered to create a little dimension.  I sponged the bird with turquoise, then Pacific point just around the edges.  Half pearls were colored with Copic markers to match.

Supplies used:
Stamps - none
Paper - GKD PL white, pacific point, old olive, garden green, tempting turquoise, black
Ink - so saffron, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise, pacific point
Accessories - Nestabilities, wizard, XL Two-Step Bird punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/16" punch, Scallop Diamond edger punch (ek success), sponges, dimensionals, ribbon, half pearls, Copics

Toodles!

K

No comments: