Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm a CAS Guest Designer!

Things have been busy over at Splitcoast with the CAS Spring DT search.  It was really fun this time as Jen chose an Olympic theme for all the challenges.  I didn't even make the first cut, but then Jen asked me to be a guest designer during the month of March.  I was so honored!  How could I say no?
All the guest designers were to make a card for the Closing Ceremonies and the new DT reveal.  Jen provided us with 3 sketches we were to choose from.  I chose this one http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1357465?&cat=500&ppuser=178156&sorttime=all&sortby=l&way=desc  Here is the card I made.



I usually don't use black for my base layer, but I really think it makes the card on this one.  Talk about pop!  I love this card!

Doesn't it feel good to make a card you really like?

Both butterflies are stamped with apricot ink; the small one on white cardstock, the larger one on apricot cardstock.  Then I stamped the flowered butterfly with white craft ink and embossed with white detail EP.  The dots on the small butterfly were inked with a Versamark pen and also embossed with white detail EP.  Both butterflies were cut out by hand.  The swirl and sentiment were both stamped with white craft ink and embossed with white detail EP.

I won't write "embossed with white detail EP" again...I promise!

Supplies used:
Stamps - Flight of the Butterfly, Priceless, So Many Sayings
Paper - GKD white, basic black, Prints Pack, apricot appeal
Ink - Craft white, apricot appeal
Accessories - Versamark pen, white detail EP, heat tool, SAMJ, gingham ribbon, brads

I hope you enjoy my lovely card!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: