Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Spring card

I really wanted to make a second card for the CAS54 challenge - Wishing for Spring.  Probably because I can't wait for Spring to arrive, and I want to be surrounded by the sights of Spring!  Like many of my stamps, I have had this one for a long time, and it has never seen ink.  Lately, I have been making more of an effort to use some of my neglected stamps.  Something about feeling guilty...



I am kicking myself right now because I had the perfect sentiment out and ready to use, then I forgot all about it.  It says "have a sunshiney day", and I like that so much better than "happy spring".  I may just have to make another card!

This image is watercolored, then cut out with a Nestabilities label die.  After embossing, I left the paper in the die to sponge the sky and grass, leaving a white border.  I tied a piece of thread around the ribbon to gather it a little bit under the button.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Happy Forest (Stamping Bella), Every day flexible phrases
Paper - GKD pure luxury white
Ink - Memento black, various SU classic reinkers for watercoloring
Accessories - aquapainter, Nestabilities die and Wizard, sponges, ribbon, thread, button, embroidery floss, glue dot, dimensionals

Is it Spring yet?

K

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Not yet, but your card makes me think spring! Great job coloring this!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh K, I just love love love this spring card. You did a fabulous I mean FABULOUS job. Oh my girl. wow.

LeAnne said...

This is so cute...your sponging (I am assuming that's how you did it)is BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job on the CAS challenge!