Friday, January 22, 2010

Valentine Card



Here is a valentine card I made combing two challenges from Splitcoast this week.  The color challenge, CC254, was to use Bashful blue, Soft suede and Ruby red, and the ways to use it challenge, WT254, was to cut out your image and/or sentiment.  I am loving my new Penny Black stamps that I just got, so I used this cute little doggy.  I stamped the dog 3 times, cut out one whole image, then cut out just his paws and nose.  They are separated with dimensionals for a 3-D effect.  I masked the bottom image and sponged with Bashful Blue ink.  The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  I put a little Glossy Accents on his nose to make it shiny.  "Valentine" is my handwriting.  You should see how many times I had to practice to get it to look right!  Heehee!

Supplies used:
Stamps - Penny Black dog, JustRite small letters alpha
Paper - GKD pure luxury white, Ruby red, Bashful blue
Ink - Memento tuxedo black, Bashful blue, Ruby Red, Soft suede
Accessories - Nestabilities, ribbon, scissors, sponges, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Ruby red marker, Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping by!  K

1 comment:

Lisa Lara said...

Yeah, what's this about your mojo? Ha! This card is wonderful. I love this cute image and love the heart and sponging and ribbon. Wonderful.